MIDDLESEX POLICE DEPARTMENT
1101 Mountain Avenue
Middlesex, NJ 08846
Join us for a
Saturday, June 25th
9am - 12pm
@Victor Crowell Park
Registration begins at 8:30. Forms are available below
or on our DOWNLOADS page
Members of the Middlesex Borough Police Department, PBA Local 181, and the Mayor and Council invite you to join us for a Fishing Derby.
When: Saturday, June 25th, 2016. 9am-12pm. Registration will begin at 8:30am.
Where: Victor Crowell Park (Please park in designated areas).
Who: Children grades K-8th are invited to participate in the Fishing Derby. Spectators are welcome!
What: A day of fun and fishing with friendly competition and prizes.
Why: To get to know each other and to enjoy the great outdoors!
All children participating MUST be accompanied by an adult and a registration form MUST be completed. Children should bring their own fishing gear on the day of the event. Bait will be available at the park. This event will be a catch and release event and will be held rain or shine. T-shirts will be provided to participants on a first come, first served basis.
***Note: “Anyone age 16 and above must have a valid license to fish the fresh waters of New Jersey with a handline, rod and line or bow and arrow. This includes privately owned lakes and other waters. For more information, including exceptions, see the Fishing License Information.” -NJ Division of Fish and Wildlife.
***Please see map on PHOTOs PAGE for highlighted areas (Registration, bathrooms, parking, etc.)
What to bring:
We encourage you to bring:
Protective eyewear (glasses, goggles)
- Fishing rod, tackle box and bucket
- < >< >
- You should think about bringing:
- Insect repellent
- Blanket or portable chairs to sit on
- Hand sanitizer
- Rain gear
- < >
- Derby Features:
- Fishing competition and prizes
- Free for attendees
- Snacks and drinks provided to participating children
- Derby Details:
- Open to youths now completing grades K - 8
- Parent/guardians MUST accompany children
- Youth MUST be registered to participate in the event
- Attendance is limited and filled on first come, first served basis
- Derby will be held rain or shine
- Parking in designated areas only
- This is a catch and release event