The Patrol Bureau functions to actively and zealously promote the Mission of the Middlesex Police Department through the safeguarding of life and property, preservation of the peace, and service to the public with honesty, integrity, and professionalism. The officers of the Patrol Bureau are the first to respond in any emergency, including fire and medical emergencies. The Patrol Bureau is charged with the prevention of crimes and motor vehicle collisions, and the protection of property in Middlesex. The Patrol Bureau responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Response to requests for service, including emergency services.
• Criminal law enforcement and Crime Prevention Efforts
• Investigation of crimes, offenses, incidents and conditions.
• Motor Vehicle Collision investigations.
• Traffic direction and control.
• Developing positive relationships between the citizens of the community and the Middlesex Police Department